Wednesday, 25 July 2007

Bae Doo-na (배두나)


If you watched The Host (South Korea's top grossing movie to date) recently, then you would know who this pixie-like South Korean actress is. She plays the hero's sister in the monster movie.

Bae was first discovered by a model talent agency fresh after University in 1998. She modeled for a couple of clothing lines before making a debut in acting in 1999. She first appeared in the KBS TV drama "School". And the rest, as they say, is history - check out the impressive filmography. Bae's mother is an accomplished stage actress Kim Hwa-young.


Bae loves photography and has published a photo book entitled Doo-na's London Play (2006). You will also be able to see some of her work in Bae Doo-na's official blog.

Bae, well known for accepting challenging roles once said "I think I’m lucky not to be so pretty that every man admires me. That means that I can play characters that other actresses can’t. I want to be an actress favored more by women than men."


Name: Bae Doo-na

Date of birth: October 11, 1979

Height: 171 cm (5' 7")

Weight: 49 kg (108 lbs.)

Movies:


  • The Host (2006)
  • Linda Linda Linda (2005)
  • Spring Bears Love / Do you like Spring Bear? (2003)
  • Tube (2003)
  • Saving My Hubby (2002)
  • Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002)
  • Take Care of My Cat (2001)
  • Plum Blossom aka Youth (2000)
  • Barking Dogs Never Bite (2000)
  • The Ring Virus (1999)


Dramas:

  • How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor (2007)
  • Someday (2006)
  • Beating Heart (2005)
  • Rosemary (2003)
  • Country Princess (2003)
  • Mothers and Sisters (2000)
  • Turn Your Angry Face (2000)
  • RNA (2000)
  • Love Story (1999)

Recommended Reading:
We love Bae Doo-na (even if Korea doesn't)

5 Comments:

Unknown said...

cool to see u blogged about the talented Bae Doo Na. many consider her to be a bona fide actress. found on the high end streets of Apgujeong. her performance in Park Chan Wook's Sympathy For Mr Vengeance is so memorable.

Liz said...

I didn't get to see that one, but I saw her in The Host. She only had a supporting role there.

Orchid said...

I think Bae Doo-na's role in THE HOST wasn't a very challenging one for her. She was an archer. Maybe she had to learn how to hit a bulls-eye and hold the bow like a pro. ;-) I also read that she had to learn how to play the drums & guitar in 1 month for one of her movies.

I am surprised to find out that the innocent looking actress is not afraid to bare all, she appeared nude in her role in PLUM BLOSSOM and topless in SYMPATHY FOR MR VENGEANCE. Plus she was willing to go without make-up in BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE - something most Korean actress will not readily do.

Observer said...

yup...she got all my sympathy

Anonymous said...

She got me positively hooked in "Saving My Hubby" and I started to take note of her since. I really like the unique way (maybe it is in her character) she acted in all her movies, including "Spring Bear Love" and "The Host". =)

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger