Friday, 4 January 2008

The Host prequel in the works

Hit monster movie The Host is getting a prequel! Korean comic artist Kang Pool is reportedly penning the screenplay this time around.

The story is set 3 years prior to the events of the original film.

So far, none of the original cast or filmmakers are attached to the prequel.

Details are sketchy but apparently, it is about the excavation of the Cheonggye Stream, an ancient waterway running through Seoul that was recently reclaimed and restored. The flick will feature multiple monsters.

Shooting is scheduled for later this year while the movie is slated for a 2009 release.

What, no original stars or director? Doesn't sound too promising, does it?

Source: Twitchfilm
Pic credit: HanCinema

Digg this story Add to your del.icio.us account del.icio.us


If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to our K-popped! Feed

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.. nice. I like the original one. A great movie with great effects.

kpop_rub said...

I thought the original was pretty cheeeeeezay and the American actors were all HORRIFIC!! but I still enjoyed it! I even saw previews for it on TV but no theatres around me played it < /3 poooo
This one should get a broader north american release.

Anonymous said...

The first one was really good even with the bouts of bad acting

Liz said...

I remember the cross-eyed American doctor. I thought that was funny.

Anonymous said...

I thought they overdid the effects tho O_o

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger