Tuesday, 24 June 2008

Sun Lee @ the 2008 Miss Universe pageant

The showdown between the beauties of the Universe will be on July 14 in Nha Trang, Vietnam.

All this while, the girls have been kept busy with photoshoots, fittings, touring Ho Chi Minh City, shopping (of course!), a charity auction dinner and the National Costume parade.

Kiss kiss: Sun Lee attends the Welcome Party -
Exclusive pic from InesLigron.com


I've been wondering what Miss Korea Universe Sun Lee is up to. Her Vlog entry at the official Miss Universe website only has one group photo of her :-(.

And so, I headed to Ines Ligron's blog - Sun Lee's coach - and discovered a short video interview of Sun while souvenir shopping at a jewellry store with the rest of the beauty delegates.

Sun, who spoke in English, said: "I love Vietnam." (2:04 onwards)

When asked what she liked about the country, the 25-year-old beauty replied: "I think people? They are so kind, so so pure and warm-hearted. I love them."

National Costume: A Korean Warrior
Don't mess with her: Sun Lee wields her sword

In other Sun Lee-related news, not only has her choice of National Costume caused a buzz, but the word on the Internet is that Sun's Etro silk gown she wore for an official photo has been worn on a different occasion by the reigning Miss Universe Riyo Mori of Japan.

Same gown: Two different beauties, one beautiful dress

Oh, and check it out, Miss Korea and Miss Malaysia got together for a photograph! Aww....

Pretty ladies: Just before the National Costume parade,
(l - r) Miss Malaysia, Miss Korea and Miss Vietnam got
together for a photo opportunity


So what's up with Miss Malaysia Universe Levy Li Su Lin? Her Vlog has 7 photos and a video - much more than Sun Lee's...for now.

Curious about Miss Malaysia's National Costume? Here it...er, is.

Stand out: I don't know about you, but all I
see is a clash of colours


Warrior too?: While Sun Lee has a samurai sword to
complete her costume, Levy Li is holding a keris (dagger) in her hand

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate you keeping a coverage on miss korea...its a shame that you have more coverage than the other site call popseoul where it is about koreans.

Anonymous said...

^
I agree.

It looks like Lee's bun was lowered, it looks better I think, less pretentious.

All in all, I think the National Costume still looks rather un-Korean but she looks feisty and charismatic so I suppose that's what counts. Unfortunately, with Lee wearing the same Etro dress as Mori...I'm starting to think hiring Ligron was kind of a mistake. I'm getting the feeling that she's molding Lee into almost a carbon copy of Mori....a winning formula of charisma and spirit but a second time around - simply lacking in originality and disregarding the principle of highlighting the contestant's country of origin.

Also, I highly HIGHLY doubt Lee will win - I have a feeling a European is going to win this year for some reason....

Rooster said...

Oh YUCK! That's our national costume? Lose the plaid sarong!

I usually don't criticize, but that's a really unflattering ensemble.

Anonymous said...

Yah, the Malaysian costume is so teruk. Like so tacky like that.

Orchid said...

Malaysian costume is teruk because they should keep a bit of sexiness in the costume. She's all covered up in bulky cloth and does not show her silhouette at all. Not flattering.

Anonymous said...

How come yr guys bash Malaysia/Malay costume like that. That is Princess costume from Perak or Pahang state. If I not mistaken. I feel so sad on this. Maybe that sarong need to go but keris is not dagger. Keris is keris no English equivalent.

Unknown said...

looks like miss malaysia was reppin' for the LA Lakers with her purple and gold frock. her outfit is actually nice. it's her head piece that's wowing me.

Anonymous said...

I kinda agree wit rose. It's a malay princess costume. Sumbody juz made it turned out weird on her~ sarong? maybe batik better? err...

Anonymous said...

wow miss vietnam is pretty.

Rooster said...

It's just the plaid sarong. Sorry if I seem to be bashing. But we have so many beautiful fabrics, I wonder why they chose that.

'Dagger' is used to described any short bladed weapon. So I guess the Keris falls into that category just like how the Katana would be a sword.

Liz said...

@Rose, if Keris isn't considered a dagger, then someone'd better do something about this (define: kris) because it's all over the Internet.

Anonymous said...

What's with the whole warrior look? Heheh well I guess it's interesting image to see these beauties representing strong warriors rather than princesses, milkmaids or domestic ladies (not that there's anything wrong with being domestic, it's just exciting to see women in a different role.) The first solo pic of Miss Malaysia...yeah that made me dizzy..the checkerd background makes me seasick..and I'm not even on a boat. I saw a glimpse of Miss Indonesia..cool..I'd better look up on her. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i had no clue plaid was a part of traditional malaysian garb xP Is it seriously? It looks out of place! The head piece reminds me of the ones I see in Thailand, are these worn in Malaysia too?

Opsie said...

No offense, but the traditional outfit on Miss Korea is very unflattering. The makeup is not helping much either! She looks scary at times!

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger