Friday, 26 June 2009

K-popped! pays tribute to Michael Jackson



It is a sad sad day in history today. The day the King of Pop Michael Jackson died. Initial reports say Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest, at the age of 50.

Popular Korean artiste are not immune to this news and many are shaken at the death of such an icon in the music and entertainment industry. Many top Korean stars have named Michael Jackson their favourite singer and one who have given them much inspiration. Among the most famous who site Jackson as their favourite entertainer are Seo Tai-ji, Rain, BoA and Se7en. (StarNews Korea)

Rain is a huge fan of Michael Jackson, and his dance moves are an unspoken testimony of this. Bi who was departing from Incheon International Airport to Macau expressed his condolences. Rain said "Michael Jackson is my mentor, he made me dance. I am who I am today because of him. My heart hurts so much, but my idol will be alive in my heart - forever." (SSTV)

I was personally shocked when I heard the news this morning via Twitter.


One of Korea's top entertainment mogul,
JYP (Park Jin Young) said this on Twitter "The 1st album that I ever bought was Micheal Jackson's 'Off the wall'. That became the definition of music to me. At least 50% of me is him."


Other quotes on Twitter today:

Brian Joo : Still in shock about Michael Jackson's passing... He was the reason I wanted to perform when I was only 3 years old. He will be missed.

BoA
: Rest in peace Michael Jackson. I'm going to miss you so much...I'm so sad right now


Mariah Carey : I am heartbroken. My prayers go out to the Jackson family,and my heart goes out to his children. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music,his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world & the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world. I feel blessed to have performed with him several times & to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever. - Mariah

Miley Cyrus
: michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Mandy Moore
: RIP michael jackson and farrah fawcett. what a tremendous loss in one day....

LizKpopped
: Rest in peace, Michael Jackson...and thank you for the music.

More celebrity quotes on Twitter

Non-twitter quotes:


DBSK's Yunho
: He's an inspiration to me. I was very sad to receive news of his death.

Quincy Jones
: For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don’t have the words.

Dionne Warwick
: Michael was a friend and undoubtedly one of the world’s greatest entertainers that I fortunately had the pleasure of working with. ... We have lost an icon in our industry.

Britney Spears
: He was an inspiration to me, and i'm devastated that he's gone.



RIP Michael Jackson (1958 - 2009)
You will always be the King of Pop

...you are not alone
For I am here with you
Though you're far away

I am here to stay

But you are not alone

For I am here with you

Though we're far apart

You're always in my heart

But you are not alone


Pic credit: Naver


14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

im soooo sad right know i dont even know what to say :( i can't believe he is dead i just can't believe it i keep crying and right know I dont know what to do

sashi said...

RIP MJ.

Rooster said...

I always saw him as an icon and this news reminds me that he's just one of us.

RIP MJ.

Unknown said...

i really shocked when saw this news...
anyway,
R.I.P!Our King of Pop...

Zahra A said...

Uh, I was like "wtf, who makes such a lame and cruel joke.." when I first read it written by a random person. I couldn't believe it. I googled and BAM, I got it confirmed that it was true.

It's such sad news and I'm so chocked. 50 years old is still a very very young age, come on, he should have had lots of years more to go.. and I was quite looking forward for his comeback. He's always been there somewhere and now he's suddenly... just nowhere. And I never got the chance to see him. ): Omg.

RIP MJ.

scheeta18 said...

technacly, he died on thursday 25th 2009

W.A.W.A said...

i was at petrol station when the radio there keep airing MJ's songs... and i was like: what the heck back 2 back MJ's songs??? is he dead and when i entered the car, my mom called me said he passed away...

shocked!!! one of the greatest entertainer ever born has leaved us??? what a lost...

RIP Michael Jackson! ur music, ur dance will remain in our heart <3

|| Lynn || said...

Really sad =(
I remember me and my cousins used to dance to his Thriller Song! The infamous zombie dance...
I still haven't met him yet! Quite sad but we'll always remember his songs.

RIP to Michael Jackson & Charlie's Angels Farrah Fawcett too! FYI, Farrah Fawcett passed away due to cancer at the age of 62.

Orchid said...

@scheeta18 Yeah you are right. It's 25th June, 2009 in the States.

GorgeousLiv said...

yeah..as i heard this morning that he found not breathing and rushed to the hospital..i began to be teary eyed..im a fan and i felt so sad after hearing that he died suffering from cardiac arrest..terrible death..:`(

My prayers to the King of Pop!!!
We will Miss you!.

May he rest in peace.

Chooi Lin said...

The fact that Micheal Jackson died is so shocking and unbelievable. This morning I heard MJ songs, then heard the DJ saying something about a tribute for MJ's death. I seriously couldn't believe it.

MJ was rain's idol, mentor. He inspired rain's dance moves making him such an awesome dancer today. MJ died on Rain's birthday! 25th of June. =(

This is just so hard to believe. Rest In Peace Micheal Jackson. You will always be a legend, you will never be forgotten! <3

fishama87 said...

R.I.P Michael Jackson...

you are the King that will never be forgotten..

Goodbye...Your songs, your dance and your legacy will be alive forever~

i still shock with this news..hope his family can accept it with open heart~

JBC Admins: Jax & Leslie said...

I am sad for MJ, I grew up with his music....I also feel bad for Rain since his idol died on his birthday :(

아이스 said...

he is indeed the one brought up the dancing world...he is a legend.

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger