Thursday, 26 July 2007

Daniel Henney (다니엘 헤니)

He's a Korean-American who is gaining popularity in Korea. His most notable role to date is Dr. Henry Kim in the hit drama My Name is Kim Sam Soon. The 28-year-old also co-starred with Uhm Jung-hwa in last year's rom-com Seducing Mr. Perfect.

The model-turned-actor's latest project is My Father, where he plays a Korean-American adoptee who returns to Korea in the hopes of finding his biological parents. The film will be released this fall.

He has been quoted as saying that his mastery of the Korean language is like that of a 12-year-old, he cannot fully handle an all-Korean cultural situation and he's not yet comfortable with the Korean style of emotional expression. So I guess he won't be bawling his eyes out on cue then?

However, all that is unlikely to become a major obstacle for someone who looks like he does. In fact, Daniel reminds me of Hong Kong actor Daniel Wu. See, they even share first names!


Incidentally, Daniel (Henney) was spotted hanging out with Daniel's (Wu) ex-girlfriend, Maggie Q ...way back in 2005.


OK, OK, old news. It’s a slow day (in so many ways so don’t get me started) and I’m making a mountain out of a molehill.

Moving on...you can be Daniel Henney’s friend at his MySpace site!

Update Sept 5, 2007: Wait a minute, that MySpace address is a fake! Want the real Daniel Henney? Go to: http://www.daniel-henney.com

Name: Daniel Phillip Henney
Date of birth: Nov 28, 1979
Height: 188cm
Weight: 72kg

Movies:

TV dramas:

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubba hubba

Anonymous said...

He is hot. I love him in My Name is Kim Sam Soon. So handsome!! :-)

Liz said...

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure the MySpace address is fake. Must've been created by a fan.

However, I've discovered Daniel's official site. It's at: http://www.daniel-henney.com

I hope you can read Korean. Oh, pity us Korean illiterate folks.

W.A.W.A said...

Erm... i prefer Dennis Oh a.k.a Dennis O'neil! but Daniel is not bad at all... hehehe!

sarah said...

Ooo... Watch him in Wolverine... but his character really is disappointing. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

^ I discovered him in Wolverine. I thought he was pretty good and then I became attached lol. But I have to admit I expected more screen time. I hope everything goes well in Hollywood movies for him though! I cannot wait!

czar said...

i hope daniel henny will have a soap opera with eugene... i think they look together... daniel is a good actor. while eugene is a very pretty and a good actress as well. i hope they can have one.. atleast a drama series or a movie.. i love to see it! (^_^)v

Unknown said...

Daniel Henney is a gr8 actor and he can sing too... wow... he's simply amazing... sigh! ^__^

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger