Monday, 10 March 2008

What is the Mashimaro?

The Mashimaro (마시마로) is a Korean fictional character which resembles a fat rabbit. He is also known as Yupki Tokki (directly translated as "Weird Rabbit").

The weird fat rabbit debuted in a series of Flash animations on the Internet, and its creator is Korean Kim Jae-in.


Mashimaro was created by Kim Jae-in

Have you seen this soft toy? Do you own one? Would you like to own one? Maybe buy one for your girlfriend?

Trivia: The name "Mashimaro" originated from the creator's niece/nephew mispronouncing the word "marshmallow".

Nowadays, there are many Mashi Maro products on sale. You can find the Mashi Maro stamp on interesting items from the normal plush toys to car and fashion accessories.

Mashimaro products on CartoonFansClub

Source: Wikipedia

Digg this story
Add to your del.icio.us account del.icio.us

If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to our K-popped! Feed

16 Comments:

Liz said...

I thought Mashimaro was japanese! Ha ha ha ha...my friends absolutely love it.

Anonymous said...

I thought that too Liz. But I love Mashi Maro. I have one. The soft toy. Nice to cuddle and hug at night. But among Korean toys brand, I love Pucca the most. Sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

No way! He's Korean??

Anonymous said...

what a cute way for that kid to have pronounced marshmallow XD thanks for the news!

Anonymous said...

How didnt people know he was korean! He was introduced to me by a korean shop a gazillion years ago. Now its really easy to find him on ANYTHING korean, chinese, japanese. He's on sand buckets at the dollar store from china lol
~A

Anonymous said...

i'm with most of u! have always thought Mashimaro was japanese!

Anonymous said...

I'm a guy... and I love mashimaro/yupkee toki. He's very mischievous.

Anonymous said...

Waaaa mashimaro isn't japanese?! Lols I always thought it was.. I love mashimaro :) damn k-popped is showing me im more k-popped than I thought haha

Gail T. said...

my sister loves mashimaro, and she collects stuff. i've bought her a pair dressed in hanbok at the airport. it's really cute.

Anonymous said...

Pucca is korean too xD omg im learning so much haha

Anonymous said...

haha..like most of you, i thought Mashimaro was Japanese too. Yeah, i can just picture a lil kid saying that ('mashi-ma-ro')...so cute!!

Robyn said...

Mashimaro is a funny little thing. My oldest sister loves Mashimaro and has a big plush toy. My other sister is more into Pucca.

Anonymous said...

name can be deceiving sometimes. and i know most of you will agree to this. who didn't thought of japan when you heard 'mashi-maro' ?

Anonymous said...

Looking back now, perhaps it was actually Mashiaro who got me into the Korean Wave lol

He & Pucca cane Hello Kitty & co XD

chisa said...

when i showed mashimaro to my mom, i asked her if she knew what it was.

she said that she did, and that it is me when i wake up.

me: ................

oooo i have a pucca pencil set. ^^

HallyuSurfer said...

wait, it's Korean?
i like Mashimaro..hehe because it's the only cartoon i can draw well..LOL

i knew about the marshmallow thing but why didn't i noticed it was Korean?? probably i was too J-popped before..LOL

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger