Friday, 6 June 2008

An interview with Bae Yong-joon

Top Hallyu star Bae Yong-joon talked to the Korean press after a very successful The Legend Premium Event 2008 in Osaka, Japan on June 1.

The 36-year-old talks about administering his own injections, shampooing his long tresses, his future projects and marriage plans. Check it out!

I am Legend: Bae Yong-joon thrilled fans by
appearing in his character's costume

1) Thoughts on today's event where 35,000 fans turned up?

It was sad when filming came to an end but at that time, director Kim and I said that it wasn't over yet. However, now I feel that it is finally over.

It was nice today. I was able to meet my Asia family face-to-face. It was made even more meaningful as I shared this moment with the director and co-stars of The Legend.

2) You were hurt while filming The Legend. Have you recovered?

It's still a little uncomfortable to walk. I am getting shots in my knees. For my shoulders, I'll have to wait 1-2 months before going for surgery.

Ten days before filming ended for The Legend, I was seriously hurt, but I wouldn't go to the hospital because I thought I would have to put on a cast, which would stop filming.

It hurt so much, I couldn't sleep and had to take painkillers so I could continue working. Once, I went to a hospital and all the nurses were too busy attending to emergency patients. I had to administer the painkiller shots on my own (laughs).

3) While filming The Legend, there was talk about tension between director Kim Jong-hak and you.

That's not true at all...and that's all because of reporters (laughs).

My relationship with director Kim is very good. He is sometimes like a friend and sometimes like a father to me. During filming, we also talked about medicine that was good for us (laughs).

Busy bee: BYJ has many plans for the near future

4) You will be lending your voice to the animation of Winter Sonata, which is set to air next year.


That's right. A Korean version has been planned, but I'm keen on doing a Japanese version as well.

5) When you arrived in Japan, you filmed your fans with a digital camera.

I really like taking pictures. I wanted to take pictures of my family (fans). I am also thinking of publishing a book that introduces famous places in Korea to foreign tourists. It will contain pictures that I've taken.

6) Are you planning to keep The Legend hairstyle you have on right now?

When my next work is decided, I will change my hairstyle accordingly. There are many uncomfortable aspects about long hair, like using a lot of shampoo and taking a lot of time to dry (laughs).

7) Marriage plans?

My friends and juniors are all marrying, and I do have thoughts about it...but it's not working out the way I want it to (laughs).

Even at home, my parents are talking about marriage. Last year at the MBC Acting Awards, I said I wanted to marry within three years, and I still have that desire. Introduce me to someone! (laughs).

The marrying kind: He wants to get married, but
still hasn't found The One yet. Any takers out there?


8) Your message to fans in Korea and Asia.

I believe that the love I receive not just from Korea, but from Asia is undeserved. If I cannot repay the love I receive through my acting and movies, I want to repay it some other way. When I find out how, I will let you know.

Source: StarNews with translations at HanCinema

Related:
Bae Yong-joon in Osaka, Japan
Bae Yong-joon lends voice to animated version of Winter Sonata

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I will take him, even though he's so much older than me haha...hmmm 17 years age difference. I don't think my parents will agree :(

r.s. said...

If I was a doctor at that hospital I'd drop everything to tend to him! That's probably why I'm not a doctor, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm available for marriage for the next 3 years too!!! :P

Anonymous said...

I'll allow you to marry me! I am 32 years old. A perfect age for you, Oppa! I hope you like white women!

Anonymous said...

Dear BYJ,

I'm a true fan of you after seeing the "Winter Sonata." That movie led me to "The Legend." I admired your acting and your personality. I wish and hope you will find the ONE. You deserve it. (Honestly, I fell in love with your characters, and you, too, but too bad, I'm married and have one kid! :(
See you in the next life!!! Kisses and Hugs from a Vietnamese American in USA.
Take Care and Good Luck!

yours_08 said...

'wish it isn't just make-believe merely having you near... to talk to... to be alone with... wothout your glamour or fame... juat merely being a real person to love and with the possibility of you loving someone like me back..
but it's just a wish cause you're a star... a million miles away and truly a mere wish...

Anonymous said...

I wanna be in the line too.. but i thinks its impossible... so I can only stare at Him...

Anonymous said...

I wanna be in the line too.. but i thinks its impossible... so I can only stare at Him...

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger