Friday, 23 January 2009

Rain on Malaysia's Astroview Magazine

Align CenterImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Rain on the cover of Astroview, February 2009

Korean star Rain (real name Jung Ji-hoon) appears on the cover of Malaysia's Astroview Magazine. It is a magazine from Astro, the Malaysian pay per view satellite television network station. Subscribers to the monthly magazine pay RM4.80 per copy or lucky early-bird subscribers get it for free.

I wasn't really interested in the magazine until...they featured Rain on their cover in the February 2009 issue. Here's pics of the cover and article, thanks to K-popped! reader Sasjo.

For those who are interested...catch Rain up close and personal - tracing his roots in the suburban jungle of Seoul to his inspiration admist Korea's thriving hip-hop culture in the documentary HIP KOREA on Discovery Channel, 23 February, 2009 (Monday) at 8pm.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Quotes from Rain:
"I was told after one audition that my singing and dancing was great by I didn't make it because I didn't have double eyelids."
"I am not just another actor or a singer from Korea. I want to be a representative of Asia and Asian people regardless of whether they are Japanese, Taiwanese, Chinese, Singaporean or Filipino."

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

12 Comments:

marian said...

i just love that smile on Rain's face. it makes my day brighter! and now, it makes me wish to be in Malaysia right now to have that free copy. :)

Anonymous said...

I saw this news earlier and I instantly knew K-popped's going to blog about it...Malaysia! Wow, its also great he included in his quote "Filipino"..at least the Philippines is included in his radar..hehe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Orchid &Kpopped Sisters for the Hip Korea update. Can anyone share the schedule for Lee Byung Hun's Seoul Savvy on Discovery Channel, too? I don't have Astro but would appreciate any info very much.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/news/1562379_28572.html

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that the link above doesn't appear fully, it's the previous KBS update on the Discovery Channel programme highlighting Seoul. Airing in Australia/NZ in January, SEA in February and Europe in May.

Thanks again.

Unknown said...

He is so talented and kind. I wish him great success!

bonbon said...

Wow....Rain is getting bigger and bigger each day...o___o

dokebi said...

All of his individual traits are purely Asian (not Caucasian) & they are just arranged very nicely. I can tell that he didn't go through any plastic surgery.

Anonymous said...

Now we're seeing a bit more of K-pop in Malaysian TV.

Channel [V] - Choosing Rain as 'The Chosen One', and introducing K-pop songs into the '[V] Countdown'. (now there are 4 Korean songs in that chart, competing with 16 English songs. Rainism is topping the chart 1t #1!).

MTV Asia - Now they have the program 'JK Hits' that play J-pop n K-pop MVs!

Hallyu is spreading in Malaysia, though quite slowly.

아이스 said...

I didn't subsribe astro...but my friends giving me after february! yay!!!

Anonymous said...

Rain looks so good...I still don't get that thing with double eyelids. Anyways, it's nice to have Rain represent, I like him alot. "When It Rains, It Pours"... it's a slogan on a salt brand that my mom buys LOL (random)

Anonymous said...

I thought the tag on the mag was a bit weird. "Asia's hot new talent?". Hasn't he been around since 2005?

Love the guy but he has to stop riding on his name and show us Asian fans some real love. Enough of lip service. For a start, he should replace all his staff.

Anonymous said...

recently there's a show at mtv called mtv school attact, and rain is in it! woohoo and also Making The Video of Love Story...so awesome!

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger