Thursday, 28 June 2007

Face of the ideal young Korean male

I have been told that plastic surgery is highly popular in South Korea. Well, that's news to me and i don't think it is that popular here in Malaysia. I still have the nose i was born with...and haven't had any surgery whatsoever to change my looks. But it has become the norm in Korea...so much that "natural beauties" are a high commodity.

According to a story on The Chosun Ilbo (Korea's No. 1 newspaper), a plastic surgeon has revealed that the face of the
ideal young Korean male consists of bits and pieces of 16 Korean wave stars. These stars are not only popular in Korea, but also in China and Japan.

Okay, here's the list of 16 Korean wave male stars...whom people most want to look like:

To tell the truth, i only know Jung Ji-hoon (of course...he's Bi/Rain!) and Jang Dong-gun. I know of the latter because he is the other model who endorses clothes for Giordano in South Korea.

Liz, you know who these other male stars are? Are all of them "natural"? Or have they some kind of work done to their faces before?

2 Comments:

Liz said...

Heya Orchid, yeah I know some of the stars, I mean not personally or anything like that.

Kwon Sang-woo: he's in our K-popped buzz. The "most wanted actor", remember?

Bae Yong-joon: An image of him is seared into my mind's eye. Saw a pic of him where he looked like a girl. Had white gloves on. Nightmare.

Jung Ji-hoon: Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *slaps hand on thigh*

Jang Dong-gun: Yeah, Giordano ad guy and The Promise & Taegukgi actor.

Cho In-sung: He's in the movie with Kim Sa-rang. Love of North and South? It's under K-popped movies.

Anonymous said...

Jae Hee!
I like Jae Hee. Mong-Ryong from Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang am I right?
:)

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger