Tuesday, 11 September 2007

Winter Sonata’s theme song in Bahasa Malaysia

I was listening to Winter Sonata’s theme song – From the Beginning Till Now – from my new K-drama music compilation CD (more on that next time) and my friend asked whether I was listening to a Bahasa Malaysia (BM is Malaysia's national language) track.



The original Korean version

I scoffed at him thinking he had a hearing problem and showed him my very Korean CD cover. "Korean song-lar," I haughtily answered.

To which he replied: "You know, there's a Malay version of that song. It's called Sonata Musim Salju (direct translation: Winter’s Sonata!)".

I surfed the Hallyu and whaddaya know! Malaysians – especially the Malay community – were so crazy in love with the Choi Ji-woo/ Bae Yong-joon drama that a BM cover version of the track was produced.

It is sung by Hazami. Watch the video below to see Hazami singing the BM version with Malaysia's pop darling Siti Nurhaliza.



Oh, there's also a Vietnamese cover of the song! Can you believe it? Wow my friends, witness the universal appeal of music.

Digg this story

1 Comment:

Orchid said...

Hey Liz, what an interesting find! The Winter Sonata theme song in BM. :-) Siti Nurhaliza looks nice in that video.

Why is Winter Sonata so popular? Anyone reading this has watched it? I hope no one dies in the end. Why do Korean dramas have such sad endings? Do Choi Ji-woo and Bae Yong-joon make a good couple?

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger