Saturday, 24 May 2008

Malaysian fans celebrate Micky's Birthday

tvxqmickyparty_montage

DBSK's Micky YooChun is busy and it's probably too expensive to fly him over to Kuala Lumpur so a group of DBSK fans celebrated an early birthday for him today! Micky's birthday falls on June 04.
The organizers wanted to have the party earlier, so that they could compile photos to show Micky as a gift on his birthday. Ain't that sweet? I hope he receives all the photos and gifts meant for him. Fighting!

Liz had to attend to some other business today, so i braved the Saturday traffic and went to the heart of KL for the party. 50 - 60 fans turned up for the party which was held at Izzi Pizza, Jalan Bukit Bintang. The air-conditioner was working this time and the venue was ideal. I love the red heart-shaped balloons around the place. Many fans wore red because it's DBSK's signature colour of course.

welcometomickyparty
Welcome to Micky's birthday party

The party started off with an ice-breaking "group hug" game. Almost everyone joined in and it was good to see the fans enjoying each other's company and getting to know one another. They played the games with DBSK's music blasting over the speakers.

Group hug!

Special guest at the party was professional photographer Michael Sin a.k.a. Babyboss. He and his team were the official photographers for BOTH the TVXQ concerts in Malaysia and Rain's 2007 I'm Coming World Tour.

One of the highlights at the party was a viewing of specially selected TVXQ concert pics, courtesy of Babyboss. The atmosphere was electric as fans showed their appreciation with whoops and screams. Now it wouldn't be this much fun viewing TVXQ concert photos at home, alone.

TVXQ special slide show

Everyone enjoying the slide show

Michael is happy to see so many appreciating his work
We would like to see more never-before-seen
photos...can ah?

Because he's the official photographer, Michael gets to stick to the stars like glue. Where they go, he's there. When they arrive at the airport, he's there. When they drive to the hotel in the van/car, he's in the vehicle. When they need to eat, he's there. When they do sound check for the concert, he's there. Okay, you get what i mean. With that privilege, Michael divulged some secrets that you would not have read about in any magazines or forum. Hmmm...what secrets? Should i tell? Nah...of course not. ;-) You'd have to be there!

Michael says "Shhh...I'll tell you all a secret"

After all that activity and excitement, it was time for food. Hmmm...we had pizza, pasta, soup, stir-fried veggies and rice.



Besides playing games and meeting new friends, fans can also purchase TVXQ merchandise at the party. I spotted a couple of autographed items for sale too!

tvxqmerchandise
TVXQ merchandise - DVDs, CDs, posters and other paraphernalia

It was a wonderful time of celebrating, sharing and meeting other fans who share love and passion for their favourite Korean group.

Games and getting to know one another better...

Don't think it was an all-girl event.
TVXQ guy fans turned up as well!

Micky's birthday party was organized by MyDBSK. MyDBSK consists of a group of dedicated DBSK fans who aims to unite DBSK fans all around Malaysia.

Special thanks to Audrey for the invite (& gift!) and it was nice chatting with you Victoria. I would tilt my hat (if i had one) to the organizers for their dedication and passion and of course...to the enthusiastic fans for their support!

groupphoto_mytvxq_mickybirthday
This one's for the album

Everyone wanted to take a photo with
VIP and special guest, Michael Sin (Babyboss)

Michael and Audrey
(nice pic huh?)

I wanted a photo with Michael too...
Err...yeah that's me & Michael ;-)

Related:
Happy Birthday Micky Yoochun


Other bloggers who blogged about this event:


39 Comments:

♥~kimmy~♥ said...

heh.. can i know bout the secret?? haha..

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looked like fun. Are there birthday parties like this for all five members? Cause if there is, I probably might've missed Changmin's one. :(

Orchid said...

@johan i think this is the first bday party organized. Maybe they will have more events in future...

@kimmy nice try ;-)

Orchid said...

@johan...your favourite DBSK is Max Changmin?

Photomofo said...

nice pics, looks like everyone had a good time.

@ last pic
Don't tell me that's your best side...

;-)

myelf said...

HEY~~~~~

I didn't manage to hi~~~ XD...

I SAW MY FACE!! HAHAHA but blur~~~

NICE PICTURE OF MICHEAL AND U~~~

HAHAHAHA~

Anonymous said...

hey.i saw you.but din say hi too.aha.sorry for that.
i saw my ugly pic.luckily its small.wahhaa.kimmy.u shud hv attend.ahha.
thx for posting.

Anonymous said...

i saw my face..i saw everyone's face as well..i met my primary skul frens as well..when we saw each other was like..oh,hi..haha..so sweat..anyway, this event was a success.haha..but right..no one cheer for my dear junsu..if i cheer myself like veri paiseh leh.haha..buthen i enjoyed!!enjoyed the food, games, atmosphere and the videos..im humming all the way..haha..happy happy..hope to hv a gathering for junsu's bday aso..haha..i will definitely show up!!haha..rmb to invite me!

Anonymous said...

Grrr jealous :( america doesn't have anything like this *sigh

Jayne said...

Yeap.. The event was wonderful.. Very fun n enjoyable...
Saw my face there too.. Bt only one small one..
Hope that more will join these kind of event when time comes..
THanks to all the staff whom put in a lot of effort. N i know that they are dead tired now.. Take care ooo..

Elizabeth Y. said...

geez k-popped,
you can't just tell us that secrets were revealed and then not tell us any of them :P
c'mon, we know you're itching to tell us!!! Give us at least one secret! So curious! lol :P

Anonymous said...

a birthday party without the birthday boy..?

Anonymous said...

@anonymous: tell me about it! how come we don't have cute & fun things like in america? i'm moving to asia 1st chance i get..

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the secret is??
Yes, too bad they don't have one of these in the US. Max Changmin is my favorite so I would of have totally went.

Anonymous said...

OK I know Asian girls can be close and whatever holding hands and whatnot I know that
But kissing on the lips in "such a way" in the girl' bathroom while on a break from filming Star Golden Bell... isn' that a bit much!

Anonymous said...

The secret plsss???

Anonymous said...

I went there but I'm not in the picture since I came late..I totally enjoy the event..and as for the secret, I know it too..hehe..

Liz said...

Wow, the party looks and sounds fun :-). Too bad I couldn't make it :-(.

HallyuSurfer said...

Micky!!! Lovee him!! XD

i'm pretty happy and surprised that there's guys around in this event..(hemm, they aren't guys who accompany their GF..rite?jk)

Rooster said...

Ah ha ha ha! Orchid, that pic is hilarious. Michael must be like, "Ooohkay weirdo." I can tell you're smiling too. ;p

Anonymous said...

cheongmal kamsahamnida to orchid shi for taking her time to attend the event and posting a shoutout on it!!!!!
OMO saw myself there *runs away n hides* ~shy shy~
yeah..michael is VERY popular there!!!

I REALY CANT THANKED U ENOUGH ORCHID SHI!!

thanks to those who came n donated as well!!! hope u guys had as much fun as we enjoyed planning for it^^

p/s hope to c more ppl joining in the the upcoming events!!!stay tuned..hehe*runs away again*

Orchid said...

@audrey..아니애요. The event was very well organized and i was very happy to be there. & thank you for taking care of me so well. Don't worry...bloggers are usually shy and quiet and can just hang around taking photos on their own. ;-) btw the gift is very useful for me. =)

3verlasting_fen, wenyen...if we meet again next time come and say Hi okay? =)

@fiona, it's really awesome that you met your primary school friend there.

Yeah for those who did not go for this event...the next time MyDBSK organizes one, I am sure you will find out about it...then you'll have a chance to go.

Anonymous said...

Orchid > Yeah. He is. In fact, among my friends who also like DBSK, they would make me the Changmin of the group. XD XD XD

Orchid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Orchid said...

@Johan...maybe you and your four other friends can form your own DBSK. That would be cool. =) yeah then you can be Changmin.

Babyboss Pictures said...

Vivian : I'll be in Penang in mid-July...how about that "free tour guide"?

Kimmy : Still trying your luck on the "secret"?

Rooster : I din't think Orchid was anything a "weirdo" but I tot maybe she prefers her "back" more than her "front". Were you smiling, Orchid?

Orchid : Yeah, nice meeting you...finally. See you around.

lastangel2411 said...

orchid, i've updated my blog^^. Feel free to link it :D

Anonymous said...

orchid shi...miane..i dont have the photos for the cake..but yunyi does..she's one of our official photographers for the event..

many thanks to yun yi n wednesday!~!~!

Anonymous said...

Dear orchid, this is chloe.. still remember me???
thanks for the photo that u asked audrey to send to me...
Nice to meet you~~~
Hope u enjoyed urself that day..
and hope to see u again~~~~
And thanks for coming and thanks for the DONATION~~~~~

Tracy aka Hwei Chyen said...

My God!!i am actually a member of the forum and i didn't turn up...Haiz....
Really missed it...
But another forum Sayang DBSK will hold another party for Micky too...Its on 7 June at Saloma Bistro.....
Visit Sayang DBSK for more info....
And btw,I can't attend that too!!!Issh...How pathetic tat i hav my PA tuition on tat dy!!!

Anonymous said...

Am I too late to give comments now?
HAHA!

Orchid sshi, (Can I say your real name?) ^^ Thanks a lot for coming to the event! I have a really nice chat with you too! Actually I am really nervous coz I don't know what to say. Thank GOD the event went well. And thanks for the review! \(^^)/

I realize that I didn't take any pictures with you and Micheal. T_T So sad. Next time we must take one together ok?

Orchid said...

안녕하세요! Hello everyone!

Wah this comment thread is quite happening...if i may say so myself. :-D

@vivian, thanks for the offer for being my tour guide. might just take that offer up the next time i go to Penang! You came to KL specially for the event?

@michael: yes, was probably smiling. ;-) Glad you don't think i am a weirdo. :-P

@chloe - of course i remember you! =) Good to hear you got the photos.

@victoria - yes next time take photo. =)

@audrey...i saw the cakes on Yun Yi's blog. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love this site. I check it every other day.

Erica said...

Vic onnie, where are you in the big pic?
I didn't see you^^
Btw, i wanted to go so much!!
I'll post this up into Cassiopeia Family yea^^
Cuz we're one of the perners too..
Don't worry, i'll full credit^^
Finally, i saw the Micheal which everyone talked about!
Btw, what's the secret he told you all?
hahaxx!!

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lastangel2411 said...

ALL pictures are up! =D Feel free to visit and you're welcomed to leave comments there^^

http://lastangel2411.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

TODAY IS MICKY PARK YOO CHUN BIRTHDAY!!!!


SAENG IL CHUKA HAMNIDA!!!!!

Orchid said...

Happy Birthday Micky!

Liz said...

Happy birthday Micky!! Where's the party? Oh yea, I forgot, I missed it :-P.

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger