Friday, 25 July 2008

Kung Fu Hip-Hop in Malaysian cinemas

I just read the review of the dance movie at Cinema Online, and it apparently sucked.

(What's with RAM Entertainment? First they brought in below B-grade flick War of the Dragons/ D-War and now this!)

Gettin' jiggy with it: Poppin' Hyun-joon (top in white vest)
pops and locks to his heart's content in Kung Fu Hip-Hop


Poppin' Hyun-joon
, who is credited as Nam Hyun-joon in the flick, toplines the China-produced flick with Jordan Chan and Fan Bing Bing.

Chan and Nam's characters are dancing machines vying for the Dance King title. As they snap, crackle and pop their way to dance glory, the two men also compete for the attention of a pretty DJ (Fan).

I have not watched the movie yet. Should I? After spending a bomb on a...er, "personal upgrade"...I'm saving my precious RM10 for The Dark Knight. I hear people start applauding when the credits roll for that one. Must watch.

Will only watch Kung Fu Hip-Hop, which opened yesterday (July 24) by the way, if there are good recommendations.

Pic credit: Crunchyroll

Related:
James Seon to represent Poppin' Hyun-joon too?
Learn how to dance from Poppin' Hyun-joon

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't seen the Dark Knight? It's sooooo good. I almost exploded because I didn't want to get up to go pee. But I had to go... Luckily I took like 15 seconds so I didn't miss anything. It's really really good. When you go, remember NOT to drink anything beforehand.

Liz said...

@ tofu, no I have not watched The Dark Knight :-( Was busy the past week so could not make it with my friends. OK, will take your advice...no drinks before the show :-).

Anonymous said...

zomg no don't watch it. the dark night is shit. it was so fucking boring man @_@

Anonymous said...

I watched Kung Fu Hip Hop today and although the storyline itself is a bit week, the dancing is pretty cool (though I think Yunho could match that XD). Fan Bing Bing's make-up was kinda scary at times @__@...The music wasn't bad except at a supposed emotional bit they started playing "You Raise me Up". Not the nice Josh Groban version though. Ruined the moment as the whole cinema started laughing, me included.

Anonymous said...

"personal upgrade"? You got a boob job xO
jkjk

I haven't seen it but now I want to! XD

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with tofu. I drink a large coke before the movie started and in the middle of the movie, I had to get up and pee. I tried to hold it but I couldn't.

I missed the part when someone tried to reveal batman's identity.

Dark Knight is awesome! The late Heath Ledger was fantastic.

Anonymous said...

You should watch it! My sister watch it with her friend and she said it was really really good! and now I want to see it too!!

oh and for the Kung Fu Hip-Hop movie, I agree with what "anonymous"(2nd one) said about the story line being a little weak.
The dance was really good!! I was excited everytime they dance

The main actor was ok, and Bing Bing was pretty here but her make up sometimes was a little too much
and Poopin' Joon!!! I almost couldn't recognize him here due to he dyed his hair! but when he started dancing and "korean" musc when on, that made it obvious for me lol

and the music was good too!! It will make you go with the beat and the rythm. the music for me was awesome! well from the title you will already know that they dance hip-hop with Kung Fu~ lol and I agree when the "You raise me Up" came up I was a little confuse because it didn't really go with the whole movie, so for me it was a little random
the last dance battle for me was the best!! lol you know what they say, save the best for last ^^

over all this was an ok movie, I wanted to watch it b/c Poppin' Joon was in it but I enjoy the other actors as well.

sorry for the very long post K-popped sisters~ I watch the movie after I read it from here lol thank you for sharing~

Liz said...

@kpop-rubba ha ha. It's more of an intellectual upgrade than an aesthetic one ;-).

nie and 2nd anonymous, thanks for sharing about your Kung Fu Hip-Hop movie adventure. I think I'll still give it a miss :-P.

Dark Knight...here...er, I come. OK maybe when I have the time :-(.

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger