Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Smile Again for I Love Asia project

In May, K-popped! wrote about how Korean stars came together to record a We Are the World-like song to raise funds for the Sichuan earthquake victims.

Doing their part: Korean stars using their starpower for a good cause

The star-studded project was the brainchild of Jackie Chan and it was fully supported by the Asian Soul a.k.a. JYP and director Kang Je-kyu.

Now, watch the video and listen to the song Smile Again below:



Finished watching it yet? How about that, huh? Jackie Chan singing in Korean ;-). Also, did you notice the message (in Mandarin) from the stars? It is basically the lyrics of the song.

Rooster had to explain it to me. It says: "We'll be there for you. Hold my hand and stand up, stand up again as we're expecting your smile."

Awww....

You know, the collaboration has gotten me feeling nostalgic, so I Youtube-d the ORIGINAL 1985 We Are the World...and it's awesome! The song, which was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, sure stands the test of time. Watch it below.



The "USA for Africa" charity single gave me goosebumps and I couldn't contain my excitement when power house stars of yesteryears appeared -- Stevie Wonder! Ray Charles! Kenny Rogers! Michael Jackson! Bruce Springsteen! Lionel Richie! Tina Turner! Er, Cyndi Lauper! :-P

Oh man, music heaven.

Did their part: American stars used their starpower for
a good cause ;-)


After inflicting myself with a sore throat imitating Bruce Springteen's super husky vocals, I can officially sing the chorus while sounding like I'm constipated :-).

We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving


Related:
Korean stars come together for I Love Asia song project
Park Jin-young and Jackie Chan team up for Sichuan project

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the mosaic effect at the end of the video. Great to see these celebrities giving back. ;)

Anonymous said...

love BOTH song...love their collabaration...

Anonymous said...

this collab was great :)
I REALLY want that I love asia shirt though..lmao.

Anonymous said...

i thought Quincy Jones wrote and composed "we are the world"..but Lionel and Michael were the FACE of the album...

Anyways, love both songs and glad to see celebs helping out.. Motivation

Anonymous said...

oh I love the song.. smile again.. The songs great.. all the singers rocks. it just that i wish hwanhee was there :lol:

Liz said...

Hello Anonymous #3, according to Wikipedia, the song was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie and produced and conducted by Quincy Jones :-).

Hit the link to read the entry.

Anonymous said...

here r the translation to the Smile Again song..touching T_T
credits go to wgjjang.wordpress.com>

Jo SungMo: How much it must hurt / Really very difficult it’ll be
Clazziquai: In the heart of darkness / There isn’t even a streak of light
Park YongHa: The heart hurts so much / You can’t even cry
NaReuShya, Kan MiYeon: Don’t know where you will go / You wander around and sink down

ALL:I’ll be on your side / We’ll do it together
I’ll give you my hand / Grab my hand and rise.
Until the tears dry out
My shoulder you can count on / To rest and rise again
I will wait for your smiling face.

Jackie Chan: Even though you look around / You cannot see any hope
Hwang JeongMin, ChaeYeon: This long darkness / Seems like it will not end
Kim DongWan:Each day each day is very / Long and hard though you feel
Kim AhJoong: No strength to even rise / You sink down in the same spot

ALL,Shin HyeSung:I’ll be on your side / We’ll do it together
I’ll give you my hand / Grab my hand and rise.
Until the tears dry out
Son HoYoung: My shoulder you can count on / To rest and rise again
I will wait for your smiling face.

Kim TaeHee: Don’t forget / Every time it’s difficult and you’re exhausted
Han HyeJin: I am here / Right behind you.
Jeon HyeBin: You’re not alone / I’m right here beside you
Im JeongHee: Cause I’ll always be here for U

ALL,Im JeongHee,WheeSung: I’ll be on your side / We’ll do it together
SunYe, WheeSung: I’ll give you my hand / Grab my hand and rise.
Until the tears dry out
My shoulder you can count on / To rest and rise again
I will wait for your smiling face.

ALL,Park JinYoung: I’ll be on your side / We’ll do it together
Jang NaRa: I’ll give you my hand / Grab my hand and rise.
Until the tears dry out
My shoulder you can count on / To rest and rise again
I will wait for your smiling face.

Kim YeonAh: I will wait for your smiling face.

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger