Wednesday, 10 September 2008

BoA to slither into America

Give it up: BoA's (right) going to try and break into the US of A

Step aside Rain and Se7en and meet your latest contender for America's attention. At the height of her popularity, BoA is preparing to capture the hearts of the Americans.

The project: Best of Asia, Bring On America!

The mastermind: Lee Soo-man of SM Entertainment.

The weapon: BoA

The tagline: Eat You Up (I didn't make it up, it's printed right there on Lee Soo-man's podium (pic, below)).

Strategy: Lee Soo-man reveals his war plans

The 22-year-old songstress, along with her mentor Lee Soo-man, held a press conference today to announce BoA's crossover to the United States. The intricate plans for her advancement were revealed, i.e. the team of producers and musicians were introduced to the press.

All the best BoA, but what happened to your hand. Why is it in a cast?

Exciting times: SM Entertainment's head honcho
addresses the press


Weapon: Don't let the sweet smile and cast fool you,
BoA can be "lethal"


In charge: Even Lee Soo-man (left) jumps to show BoA her seat
when she arrives


Service: Lee Soo-man takes great care of one of his most-prized
cash cow. Good to know that the man knows where his paycheck
is coming from :-P


Are you ready?: America, are you ready for BoA and the gang?

Source & Pics credit: Newsen

More on BoA - the lethal weapon

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so after reading this I went on youtube and saw the teasers that they just put up... for a song called "I'll Eat You Up". She's cute and all but I'll be kind of surprised if she makes it. Just because it kind of sounds like Danity Kane type of music to me. With her voice and all. And Danity Kane is the only main stream artist I've heard with that type of music. I think that they've been lucky to start off with a "cult" following because of "Making the Band" (I loved that show :D ) Maybe a little Rihanna in there too. But best of luck to her.I hope she does make it. It would be nice to see a Korean artist break through to an American audience. Speaking as a non Korean American :).

Version A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCdaI6HdOGI

Version B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5h2VWN_icc

Also, I think if they're smart they should really try to make her known on myspace. It's really helped launch people's careers.

Anonymous said...

"Service: Lee Soo-man takes great care of one of his most-prized
cash cow. Good to know that the man knows where his paycheck
is coming from :-P"

Hahahahahahaha!

iciviuja said...

ooh! I really hope that she'll make it there.. I really like her. but I'm still not an American to support her there. T.T

Anonymous said...

ehehe nice title

I can't believe Lee Sooman finally has a US strategy! I'm glad he finally came to understand the US market is the gateway to the whole entire world! Korea may help artists make it in Japan and making it in Japan may help with the rest of Asia, But the almost sure ticket to get name recognition across the globe is the American market! I'm thinking of all the big American acts right now and I can scarcely come up with a single name that does not have at the least modest popularity in vast regions of the globe.

Anonymous said...

I'm not ssure "slither" is quite the right word! And she's been here at least twice that I know of. This is sure going to make getting tickets for the Korean Music Festival (Hollywood Bowl, LA) a booger to get. Welcome BoA*, we could sure use some class and talent in our entertainment!!!!

Vic in Arrowbear

Anonymous said...

the korean version reminds me of jLo's, "I'm Glad," video

Anonymous said...

Is that a cast on her left arm? What happened?



Vic in Arrowbear

YIN said...

OH YEAAAHHH ! BoA ! my idol. haha. i was happy to hear news of her. and i really wonder wad happened that she had to wear a cast. ^^" to busy to keep up with news. LOOOOOVES !

Anonymous said...

i really don't care or give a shit about boa as long as rain crosses over successfully to the us shores also cant wait for Rains first leading role in an American movie ninja assassin its gonna rock

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger