Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Shopping for Korean Celebrity Merchandise

Fancy drinking from a Rain mug? Check out
the other choices you have in the background...

mugs of your favourite Korean star

One evening, when we were walking along the streets of Myeongdong in Seoul, we came across a shop selling Korean celebrities' merchandise. From CDs to calendars to mugs, the store had all sorts of paraphernalia of your favourite stars! I remember seeing lots of Bae Yong-joon, Hyun Bin, Super Junior, Won Bin, DBSK...etc. But be careful, everything in this shop is shockingly overpriced!

I can't believe i walked away with a set of Rain post-it pads for RM20 though! In retrospect, i should have brought a Rain mug back instead. Ah then i could drink from a Bi mug everyday!

This is the street in Myeongdong where we found the shop


Check out the packaging for this post-it pad set of Korean star Rain (Jung Ji-hoon)

The little booklet unfolds to reveal four different types of post-it pads.
Each with a Rain stamp at the bottom.

It makes a great gift.

Lots more to explore in the store...

14 Comments:

아이스 said...

omg! I love all these products on Rain...I wanna visit to Korea and buy them all! my god...nice souvenirs!

Anonymous said...

Awww! How cute! I want one :D

marian said...

where exactly in Myeongdong? next to what store? next time i go to Korea, I'll try and drop by at this shop and do some shopping galore! thanks for posting and hope to hear more of your adventures in Seoul. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. I'd buy stuff in that store but never use it. XP

Anonymous said...

I have a Wonbin mug. I love it... noone even touches it except for me. lol

Anonymous said...

I'd hit that Rain mug, post-it and whatever-that-has-Rain-on-it..Wow, its so hard to be a Rain fan and you're not from korea..

Rebecca ♥ said...

i went to this shop too when i'm ay myeongdong. what atracts me is jaejoongie poster at the entrance

Sparkplugz said...

Hi Orchid,

First of all, I'll make sure to eat Jajungmyun on April 14th when I'm there :)

Another question, I definitely want to go buy CDs from many artists (which I will check out the place that you guys recommended), but I also want to see if i can get DVD sets of some K-drama. Does the store that you recommend have K-Drama DVDs too? If not, have you guys seen a place that might have them?

Sorry for asking too many questions to you guys already. Thanks for replying the previous ones :)

Orchid said...

Hi Sparkplugz,

The store where we went to buy Rain's first album CD did have Korean DVD boxsets for sale.

I didn't pick up any of the dramas because:
1) Some of the dramas do not carry English subtitles (i guess they are meant for the locals)
2) The newer dramas are really expensive!

Anonymous said...

where exactly in Myeongdong? next to what store? i'm goin to korea...i want to go there,,can u help me?? is it a cd shop?? please help me!

Anonymous said...

where exactly in Myeongdong? next to what store? i'm goin to korea...i want to go there,,can u help me?? is it a cd shop?? please help me!

Anonymous said...

where exactly in Myeongdong? next to what store? i'm goin to korea...i want to go there,,can u help me?? is it a cd shop?? please help me!

2coolbltstories said...

hi Kimchi Kiss, nice to meet you. I'm a huge fan of suju. What's the name of the shop?

Liz said...

Hi Brittany,

We can't remember the name of the shop because we just stumbled upon it one evening while walking in Myeongdong.

Personally, I don't recommend buying from the shop as the price of the merchandise has been hiked up.

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger