Friday, 14 August 2009

Rain to star in Enter The Dragon remake

Even before his latest Hollywood flick graces cinemas worldwide, rumour has it Rain (Jung Ji-hoon) has snagged a role in the remake of Enter The Dragon. Our boy has all his projects lined up, hasn't he?

KaPOW! Will Ninja Assassin Rain show Bruce Lee how it's done?

Perhaps inspired instead of remake would be a better term as the new movie will be a noir take on the 1973 kungfu classic. And besides, I can't imagine ANYONE remaking a movie that was entirely Bruce Lee.

The new film entitled Awaken The Dragon tells the story of a lone FBI agent who is led into the dark, bloody world of underground martial arts and fight clubs as he pursues a rogue Shaolin monk. Kurt Sutter, the film's writer and director, explains, "I wanted to set it in these underground fight clubs where the action is really raw and expose the brutality of Shaolin kung fu. This will be more Raging Bull than Crouching Tiger in its viciousness."

At the moment, it is too early to tell which role Rain has been set to play. We will be sure to look out for further updates.

If this news is true, Awaken The Dragon will be Kurt Sutter's directorial debut and Rain's third Hollywood film.

Source: Latino Review, Slashfilm

4 Comments:

eonjehna said...

ick. bring on someone who at least has a martial arts background to do a martial arts movie. anyone else is just a poser.

Anonymous said...

hehehehe. I didn't want to be the first post!! Should I start calling this film "Exit the Viewer"?




//Vic in Long Beach, CA

r.s. said...

I don't know about this director, but if he's any good, I hope this is true! Rain is awesome at martial arts, I know he would do well in this role. I worry about typecasting though. He doesn't want to get stuck in action films.

Unknown said...

*late comment*

Call me shallow, but Rain's hot, sounds good, and seems to be a nice guy. I'm not sure there would be many other reasons for me to watch a movie in which he stars. Having said that, I'm going to watch everything he does in Hollywood.

..did I mention he sounds good? And he's hot?

 

© Blogger Templates| Webtalks | Copyright © 2007-2009 K-popped! Some rights reserved | Powered by Blogger